Following the visit on 5 September 2001 by the Coast Review delegation, led by Commodore R C Hastie, it was agreed by the Search and Rescue Committee on 6 February 2002 and resolved by the Executive Committee at their meeting on 10 April 2002 that there be no change to the lifeboat cover provided at Burry Port Lifeboat Station. It …
Extensive work to the boathouse was carried out in order to provide improved crew facilities. New D class lifeboat D472 was placed on service on 18 October.
Station re-opened with a D class lifeboat that became operational on 20 September.
Station closed as the estuary was amply guarded by the neighbouring lifeboat station.
Terms agreed with local tug owners for use of their tugs, £15 each time tug towed out lifeboat on service and £5 on exercise.
The Institution formed a new lifeboat establishment at Burry Port, near Llanelly, and placed there a large lifeboat, 37 feet long, 8 feet wide and rowing 12 oars. This station became a necessity on the closure of the station at Pembrey due to the constant increase of sand there. The cost of the station has been defrayed from a legacy …
Pembrey closed owing to constant increase of sand in the locality.
Lifeboat Journal August gives full description of Pembrey.
The Llanelly station was re-opened at Pembrey, after some local pressure. A special iron lifeboat provided and place on pilot/light vessel CERES (see Lifeboat Journal October 1869). This was wrecked in October 1870. The lifeboat and stores were recovered, but station closed.
- Page 2 of 2